I want to publicly says thank you to all of the students, parents and family members, relatives and friends who have supported me over my life. I especially want to take time to acknowledge and say thank you to the instructors who have made huge contribution to my personal development. I hope that my work as an instructor honors each of you and I want each of you to know that it is through your inspiration and lesson taught that my candle stays lit and I continue to walk my path!
I read the poem "Growth In The Martial Arts" back in the beginning of my martial arts journey. It resonated with me so much that is one of the first thoughts to go up on wall of my school in 1993 and I have never had a moment since that this has not been up. It is something that I knew was true when I first read it, and even today many years later the truth and wisdom of the words vibrates at a higher frequency edging me on toward higher evolution as a martial artist and more importantly as a person!
In photo above are the people who have been my major role models, martial arts instructors and friends.
Bottom Left to Top Right (What They Have Shared With Me)
- Sifu Terrance Walker - Praying Mantis, JKD Concepts, African Martial Arts
- Elder Master Tim Nance - Shaolin
- Guro Bruce Jolly - JKD Concepts, Weapons Training, Silat
- Dr. George Love - Chinese Qi Gong & Tibetan Healing & Philosophical Concepts
- Guru Daniel Prasetya - Silat Principles, Dayabatin Breathing, Tama Yoga, Tenaga Dalam Principles
- Kumu Michelle Manu - Lua "public version" & Life Philosophy
- Elder Master Garry Mullins - Shaolin
- Sifu Steve Johnson - Shaolin, Structure, Martial Principles
- Elder Master Gary Grooms - Shaolin, Tai Chi, Pa Kua and Internal Studies
- Guru Phillip Ghee - Kuntao/Silat
- Pendekar Bahati Mershant - Kuntao/ Silat, Tenaga Dalam, SaJen